__________________________________________________________________

Connect with us and feel the difference

Share king tips Team Investigates the Share Market Tips given by numerous Websites and Technical Analysts and do an extensive and far-reaching analysis and provide you a filtered, sure shot and clear-cut tips for Long term, Short Term and Intraday Trading.

__________________________________________________________________

Friday, September 19, 2008

Warren Buffett's Golden Quotes

A collection of some favorite quotes from Warren Buffet – One of the world's greatest stock market investors.


  • “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”

  • “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.” - To his son Howard.

  • “The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.”

  • “I gave a talk last year; some student at Harvard asked me, 'Who should I go to work for?' I said go to work for whoever you admire the most. I got a call from the dean about two weeks later. He said, 'What are you telling these kids? They're all becoming self-employed.'"

  • “A Public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”

  • “My idea of a group decision is to look in the mirror.”

  • “I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.”

  • “Never invest in a business you cannot understand.”

  • “Great investment opportunities come around when excellent companies are surrounded by unusual circumstances that cause the stock to be misappraised.”

  • “It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.”

  • “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”

  • “Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”

  • “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”

  • “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

  • “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”

  • “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”


  • “Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic stricken, you should not be in the stock market.”


  • “You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing.”

  • “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong.”

  • “You're neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You're right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right - that's the only thing that makes you right. And if your facts and reasoning are right, you don't have to worry about anybody else.”

  • “It's better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you'll drift in that direction.”

  • The ability to say 'no' is a tremendous advantage for an investor.”

  • “Much success can be attributed to inactivity. Most investors cannot resist the temptation to constantly buy and sell.”

  • “It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked.”

  • “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”

DISCLAIMER
Use of this Blog indicates your acceptance of our Disclaimer.
Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. Sharekingtips.blogspot.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. This information is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.